Associate Manager, Chemist
Location: Pudong, Shanghai Shi CN
Job Number: 1186
Position Title: Associate Manager, Chemistry
The purpose of the role is to serves as Global project manager as well as RD&E Lead;Global Project Manager is responsible for leading Projects in the End-to-End New Product Development (NPD) process;RD&E Lead is responsible for integrating all RD&E technical efforts to develop the technical plan and deliver robust global product design and specifications to enable successful manufacturing of product that meets consumer needs and success criteria
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project timeline: Creation of project timeline that specifies major milestones to achieve deliverables and commitments within the E2E process.
- Assessment/resolution of overall project risks: Ability to apply systems thinking to identify the most critical factors that impact successful project implementation; Agility in scenario planning around key risks and develops appropriate contingency plans to mitigate in advance of issue trigger.
- Relentless urgency: Recognizes obstacles/issues that cannot be solved by the team and quickly elevates for timely resolution. Does not accept lack of progress as acceptable.
- Total ownership: Personally owns achieving successful project outcomes. Influences others to drive project progress regardless of functional area.
- Assessment of technical risks: Ability to apply systems thinking to identify the most critical technical factors that impact successful product design, specifications and performance.
- Product Design: Product specifications that yield successful manufacturing of product that delivers committed performance and quality
- Technical project plan robustness: Technical plan that clearly shows timing and commitments of key technical deliverables, risk mitigation plans, and budget requirements
- Product “Dossier”: Technical data package that supports product claims, performance, shelf life stability and global regulatory requirements – Also supports sale story
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Shows Integrity and Reliability
- Personal Ownership
- A minimum of Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Engineering (Chemical, Packaging, Mechanical, or Material Science), or equivalent engineering program
- Minimum 5 years of experience in R&D product development environment, in relevant industry.
- Demonstrated success in managing highly complex projects, with ability to handle multiple projects under compressed timeline
- Clear and concise communication skills with the ability to orchestrate effective meetings and written materials prompting the appropriate discussions and accountability
- Demonstrated leadership skills in coaching and mentoring teams
- Ability to successfully navigate in a complex, evolving, global environment
- High proficiency in English
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience in Technical lead role or Project manager role preferred.
- Passionate about new product development.
- Curiosity and learning mindset.
- International experience and exposure an advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Project Management (PMI) and/or Lean/Six-Sigma certification preferred
- Technical/business degree preferred, MBA preferred
- Strategic thinking applied to project details
- High degree of initiative and excellent problem solving skills
- Cross-cultural, global perspective
- Full time
- 10-20% of travel time expected
- Flexible with meeting fit with different time zones
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Manager, Chemist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pudong, Shanghai Shi CN