Location: Makati, Quezon PH
Job Number: 1228
Position Title: Analyst, Accounting
This role is responsible for the month-end closing process. The process is to prepare and analyze financial statements, reconcile and substantiate Balance Sheet accounts owned by the Shared Services Center (SSC) Accounting. Besides this, the incumbent also should manage project and fixed assets accounting for owned markets and review, analyze and reconcile inter-company charges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the month-end closing activities for the assigned country or subsidiary. This would entail the following:
- Prepare the checklist and coordinate the full compliance with the local team and SSC process owners.
- Prepare the month-end journal vouchers for the assigned accounts.
- Posting journals in SAP from the General Ledger (GL), local team and other SSC process teams.
- Perform the month-end closing SAP activities / transactions / processes including allocation, reconciliation of General Ledger and Subsidiary Ledgers.
- Run and analyze financial reports i.e. income statement and balance sheet, Johnson Value Measure (JVM).
- Review financial reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Set up commentary file and complete comments for owned accounts and send report to the local team for finalization.
2. Analyze and reconcile assigned income statement and balance sheet accounts (based on accounts split). The following would entail:
- Prepare account reconciliation report form required by Sarbanes-Oxley Act Readiness (SOAR).
- Analyze and substantiate balances of each account.
- Recommend, coordinate and discuss the clearing of old balances remaining in each account, with the local team.
3. Conduct SOAR testing and ensure compliance with SOAR guidelines. The task as follows:
- Conduct the required SOAR testing for assigned subsidiary (subsidiary would not be the country the incumbent is performing for the accounting process)
- Prepare the GL control framework, prepare the comments and recommendations for items which may not be in control.
4. Perform bank reconciliation for assigned country or subsidiary.
5. Recommend process improvements and implement as required.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in an accounting department for a multinational organization.
- Good in MS Excel skills and SAP.
- Good communication skills.
- Full time. Weekdays. Starting time would be from 7am to 9am and ending time would be from 4pm to 6pm.
- Overtime maybe required during month-end closing.
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst, Accounting
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Makati, Quezon PH