Associate Manager , Demand Planner
Job Number: 482
Position Title: Associate Manager, Demand Planning
The demand-planning organization of SC Johnson is responsible for the development of a demand forecast which is the basis for company investments. The primary role of the lead cluster market demand planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales inputs on promotions and distribution, shipment history, competitive activities and marketing plans. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true consumer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company goals. This role will also be the conduit in the cluster and country between the commercial teams and all of supply chain planning
The market demand planner is entrusted to develop and maintain professional relationships with local and remote supply chain planning partners. This position is charged with making decisions that impact the demand plan and communicating those decisions to stakeholders such as the General Manager, Sales Director and Marketing Director. The role includes contributing to special projects and other supply chain and business strategy initiatives. This person is a well-rounded individual who encompasses analytical, communication and leadership skills. They can quickly identify deviations from expected results and other disruptions and are able to promptly resolve issues.
The Lead Cluster Market Demand Planner is also the process owner of the Pre-demand and Demand Reviews (Step 2) within the cluster and country for the S&OP process, ensuring an efficient, effective, and reliable review driven by an unbiased, consensus process.
What you will do
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best forecast possible using established processes. Utilizing the statistical feed in the system from their demand support hub.
- Collect and analyze past/future demand inputs (such as distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans) from sales and marketing, and calculate their impacts on demand.
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes, and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Work with various cross functional partners on projects such as new product launches, discontinuations, and transitions to evaluate assumptions (pre and post launch) – new product forecast, pipeline fill, and cannibalization.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Trade Marketing (Customer Marketing), and Finance for advertising and promotional activities – time period, expected market penetration, reaction (uplift, cannibalization on other items/brands) and evaluate against performance from similar historical activities.
- Work with the regional demand hub to help maintain cleansed history in APO at the appropriate level and ensure a 12-18 month rolling forecast in APO.
- Ensure demand forecast is shared in level of detail and timing required by internal customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions. Also communicating forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales (field sales, corporate sales managers and directors), and finance to address input gaps as identified by forecast error/bias review & root cause analysis
- Measure, analyze, and communicate key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Ability to drive action and influence decision making at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process improvement
- Ability to work within high-performing teams in highly collaborative environments
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Knowledge of finance, sales, marketing and R&D functions
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of three years of Supply Chain or Business experience
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated results and working in a team-based, cross functional environment, preferably experience with the standard S&OP processes
- 1 to 2 years of managing cross functional projects
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in demand planning and simulation systems or tools (SAP APO DP, Demantra or equivalent)
- Experience working in the CPG industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access)
What’s on offer
On top of a competitive salary package, the successful candidate will be entitled to impressive employee benefits like
- Health, Fitness and Vacation programs
- Profit sharing based on company profits
- Personal and Professional development programs via formal professional development plans and training and e-learning opportunities.
If you see yourself in the above description and want to be part of a great place to work then join our SCJ family by clicking on the appropriate link.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Manager , Demand Planner
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care, as well as professional products. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, TANA®, BAMA®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE® and RIDSECT®. The 130-year-old company, which generates $10 billion in sales, employs approximately 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pudong, Shanghai CN