Senior Associate, Packaging Development Engineer
Location: Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region ID
Job Number: 1057
Position Title: Sr. Associate, Development Engineering
This role requires an individual to execute end to end global commercialization projects and lead business supply continuity initiatives to qualify solutions for the ASIA region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support category Research & Development (R&D) to develop and commercialize new products in local sourcing locations and throughout the Region.
- Participate as Product Change Management (PCM) lead in project meetings, collaborate with Global R&D
- Support category R&D to qualify new methods / instructions in Manufacturing by attending the execution of line trials and support Production Process Validation (PPV) and/or Production Line Qualifications (PLQ)
- Support formula development and qualification when changes are approved by category R&D
- Support development and implementation of process, storage, filling and cleaning instructions
- Evaluate and recommend raw materials for approval (including also 2nd sources) by localizing the TS-PCM requirements as per local / Regional needs.
- Conduct compatibility testing on products and samples for Marketing / Trade
- Evaluate new contractor’s capability to ensure they are aligned as per SCJ standards and formula
- Ensure raw materials / formulations are conform within local legislations and SCJ Corporate standards including Product Safety Regulatory Environmental (PSRE) requirements.
- Support remote / local SCJ manufacturing sites and/or contractors.
- Carry out the required investigations to support the Manufacturing changes, e.g. technology, location or process improvement.
- Extended Roles may include:
- As a team member to roll out NPD projects across all categories (Air Care, Home Cleaning, Pest Control and Shoe Care)
- Be a PCM Asia representative in local / Regional meetings
- Be a PCM Asia Project Manager for medium level complexity projects, without supervision
- A lead for relevant internal PCM Asia processes
- An Internal Auditor for PCM Asia Quality System
- Safety, Health and Environmental lead for the PCM lab
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry, Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in formulations, process development or in a similar environment.
- Must be from the FMCG environment, past or present.
- PC literacy including Microsoft applications such as Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English, Spoken & Written.
- Able to manage moderate complexity projects independently.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge on NPD in the similar environment would be an added advantage.
- Full time, Weekdays, Normal working hours (08.00 – 17.00)
State: Jakarta Special Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Associate, Packaging Development Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region ID