Associate Manager, Demand Planning
Location: Yokohama, Kanagawa JP
Job Number: 1175
Position Title: Associate Manager, Demand Planning
The demand-planning organization of SC Johnson is responsible for the development of a demand forecast which is the basis for company investments. The primary role of the lead cluster market demand planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales inputs on promotions and distribution, shipment history, competitive activities and marketing plans. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true consumer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company goals. This role will also be the conduit in the cluster and country between the commercial teams and all of supply chain planning
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best forecast possible using established processes. Utilizing the statistical feed in the system from their demand support hub.
- Collect and analyze past/future demand inputs (such as distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans) from sales and marketing, and calculate their impacts on demand.
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes, and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Work with various cross functional partners on projects such as new product launches, discontinuations, and transitions to evaluate assumptions (pre and post launch) – new product forecast, pipeline fill, and cannibalization.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Trade Marketing (Customer Marketing), and Finance for advertising and promotional activities – time period, expected market penetration, reaction (uplift, cannibalization on other items/brands) and evaluate against performance from similar historical activities.
- Work with the regional demand hub to help maintain cleansed history in APO at the appropriate level and ensure a 12-18 month rolling forecast in APO.
- Ensure demand forecast is shared in level of detail and timing required by internal customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions. Also communicating forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales (field sales, corporate sales managers and directors), and finance to address input gaps as identified by forecast error/bias review & root cause analysis
- Measure, analyze, and communicate key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement
- Ability to drive action and influence decision making at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Mondays to Fridays Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (37.5 hours/ week)
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Manager, Demand Planning
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Yokohama, Kanagawa JP