Associate Manager, Supply Chain Finance
Location: Pudong, Shanghai Shi CN
Job Number: 1530
Position Title: Associate Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for proving strong financial support to the plant operations at Shanghai by assuming a leadership role as a member of plant management team. This position is responsible for manufacturing P&L at Shanghai Manufacturing facility, performing Budgeting & forecasting of plant expenses, month end close & providing variance analysis. Inventory management, Capacity Analysis, Absorption Reporting and supporting local teams on projects and strategies to eliminate all forms of wastes are important aspect of this role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Budgets and manage plant financial performance: Analyse monthly financial performance of the manufacturing site, with particular focus on volumes produced, conversion cost incurred, and cost savings delivered. Prepare monthly business commentaries & provide timely, relevant, and actionable reporting of key performance measures.
- Provide realistic P&L forecast projections (including absorption, functional expenses, material variances, and efficiency variances) linked to the S&OP process. Highlight risks & opportunities with regards to future plant performance.
- Lead the MEA Process at site for Capital Investment proposals with support from Engineering group. Identify and quantify drivers of costs and benefits and perform Return-on-Investment (ROI) Analysis to decide “GO / NO GO” before a proposal is presented to Regional leadership seeking alignment. Ensure project execution is in line with approved investment proposals. Develop & improve capital project spending tracking systems.
- Finance business partner to the cross-functional plant leadership team, consisting of the Plant Manager as well as leads for the Engineering / Quality / Lean / Safety/Health/Environment functions. Influence the team to take decisions which will result in strong plant financial performance. Highlight and quantify financial opportunities (e.g. related to sub-optimal allocation of resources / sources of waste), prepare recommendations for improvement and drive to have these recommendations implemented.
- Be a champion for Internal Controls – Ensure best-in-class Internal Controls are in operation at the site. Drive to continuously improve the Internal Control environment, with a particular focus on compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Implement process improvements based on recommendations made by Global Internal Audit.
- Support Plant management for financial analysis of all business proposals
- Provide audit support to local finance related to Mfg facility
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong accounting and financial skills
- Demonstrate ability to influence across organization
- Ability to implement and enforce internal controls
- Problem solving
- Process Improvement
- Drive for results
- Team building skills, especially across countries
- Values others, and cultures
- Self-starter and Acts with integrity
- Analytical skills
- Fluency in English, Spoken & Written
- 3-5 years’ finance experience, with preference in similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Preferably CPA or CMA
- Permanent Full time Job
- Limited Travel
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Manager, Supply Chain Finance
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pudong, Shanghai Shi CN