Senior Associate, Chemistry
Job Number: 1733
Position Title: Sr. Associate, Chemistry
The purpose of the role is to work on the technical development of new formulations for Global RD&E and support global technical requests as product steward. The Chemist will develop new products, line extensions and lead technology advancements which result in consumer preferred benefits and/or improve the environmental impact of the products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Formulating products from concept to completion.
- Understanding the functional properties, proper use, and the environmental impact of ingredients.
- Writing and/or reviewing procedures, protocols and specifications needed to support product development activities.
- Developing and/or performing all testing requirements on new formulas.
- Interacting closely with marketing and consumers to research and identify critical product attributes.
- Assisting in the interpretation of consumer test results and providing recommendations for product improvements and claims.
- Ensuring the maintenance and/or adherence to good laboratory practices and all safety regulations.
- Exploring new technologies and materials, which may have application for product lines.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies :
- Shows Integrity and Reliability
- Personal Ownership
- Have good organization skills
- Ability to handle and activities with medium complexity without supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate new ideas and approaches to audiences ranging from global / regional project teams to key stakeholders.
- Comfort with working across time zones - clear communication skills and willingness to initiate communication with colleagues in other sites.
- Team player
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science Technology, or equivalent engineering program.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in R&D formulation/process development environment, in relevant industry.
- Proficiency in English.
- Passionate about new product development.
- International experience and exposure an advantage.
- Full time
- 10-20% of travel time expected
- Flexible with meeting fit with different time zones
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Associate, Chemistry
EEO Employer Verbiage: